Thursday, September 23, 2010

Roo's 1st day of Preschool

Our little Kagaroo is finally going to Pre-school. I decided to do what Jac and Kate do with Rylee each year she goes to school and write her grade level on a piece of paper. Let's see if I can be as good as they are and remember to do it each year.


He's holding up his lunch box with says "Mt. Harmony Preschool 2010-2011"

on the way to school: calm, cool, and collected. He said to me "Mommy, when we get to school, I won't cry" I told him "I really appreciate that"

coming in for the kill: a kiss

off he goes.... no tears (from him anyways, me and adaline shed one or two)

I think he is going to go awesome at school. His teacher is amazing and has been teaching for many years. Her name is Mrs. Nancy. She is really sweet but firm and direct and I like that. She also has a big honeypot and each child has his/her name on a teddybear. If Roo gets his teddybear in the honeypot that means he's been in a sticky situation (in trouble) and doesn't get his treat at the end of the day. Pretty good idea!
(to date, roo has had his teddybear in the honeypot for running and jumping in the classroom when it was time for centers, whoops)


4 comments:

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Such a fun post! I love the idea to take his picture with a sign. And am super curious about your car.. do I know this car? Have I seen it before? or is it a van?

The Lourceys said...

So fun! I love that he didn't cry and I love the update.

chrisa4357 said...

Liz, you are so observant! They did get a new car, a suburban. It's huge! but not big enough for all of us anymore since Creed came :) We're huger!

Christa, I know your pain trying to get your blog caught up. But you can do it! and I love the updates. They are both getting so big. It's hard to believe. and hopefully Kagan can stay out of those "sticky situations" ;)

Aunt Tricia said...

Too fun! He is so big and doesn't it just blow your mind, telling you he won't cry and doesn't!! That proves that he has adjusted to separation anxiety. He CAN do it! (If HE wants to) Love that guy but never want him to grow up too much that I can't be called Aunt Bisha :)