Thursday, August 2, 2012

Allergies

I took Kagan to the doctor to get tested for Gluten. Now that was an adventure. Once the nurses came in with the tray, Kagan took off. I mean he ran out of the room, out of the lobby, and out of the building. I finally caught him halfway across the parking lot. He was screaming and crying the whole time, scared to death.  After catching him and trying to catch my breath (big momma don't run), I tried to explain to him that they have to take blood to see why his belly is hurting. So after him throwing some punches, I finally got him back into the room and laid on top of him for the nurses to get 3 viles of blood.

I got a call back the other day telling me they tested him for many things but the two highest things he was allergic to is corn and walnuts. They told me to take him off of those two things to see if that helps his stomach.  So do I just keep him off of corn or does that include corn syrup and anything with corn in it?  She never specified and I didn't think to ask, so we are trying to take him off of all things corn. Do you know how hard that is????? Corn syrup is in sooooo much stuff. So it begins.....

We have set up an appt with an allergist on Wed, Aug. 8th at 10:15am.  Chris should be able to go so I hope they do everything they need done with shots and stuff while he is available.

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength", that's what I keep telling myself :)

1 comment:

Elizabeth Bradley said...

So curious to hear how your appt will go tomorrow.
So thankful that he doesn't have a gluten allergy.
So right you are that corn syrup is in everything... but to be honest, it's really bad for you, so it's probably better for your family that you'll have to avoid it.
So amused by this whole story, but was happy to have heard it firsthand. I'm pretty sure that's the first time in a long time that your blog news wasn't new news for me. We should talk more often. Love you...