Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas Eve

Before it was time for bed we made peanut butter reeses cookies. Don't get me wrong, we actually put them on a cookie sheet and baked them. Usually I would make homemade cookies but pregnant girl didn't feel like it and wanted to enjoy the night.


Roo put out carrots for the reindeer


Adaline looking for the reindeer


cookies and milk for Santa


ready for Santa Claus to come





I remember growing up, anxiously awaiting the arrival of Santa. I have such fond memories of Christmas mornings. Waking my brother up at the crack of dawn, then moving on to my parents, wishing they would hurry out of bed so we could see what Santa brought us. Even when I learned the truth, it never really made a big impact on me b/c just waking up in the mornings seeing more presents under the tree than when I had gone to sleep the night before, wrapped in different wrapping paper, was magical enough for me. Still to this day, seeing my kids all giddy and excited about Christmas morning makes Santa real enough for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved it too and still to this day the Ho Ho of Santa makes me smile....

Aunt Tricia said...

Well anonymous was me, but my finger hit a wrong key and it disappeared before I could finish.... ughhh